Monday, June 26, 2006

Port Moresby via London

Because of the restrictions on my ticket, which I purchased in Port Moresby before outreach last year, I had to take the long way home. My journey would take via Chicago, London, Singapore, Darwin, Cairns, Brisbane, Cairns, and finally to Port Moresby. Other than the obvious fatigue such a journey would cause, I was going to be traveling by my self (Natalie flew direct to Brisbane from L.A.) As you could imagine I was not looking forward to the next 5 days of travel. There was, however, an up side to my round about travel route. A week before I was due to depart the States, I made contact with my best friend from High school in PNG. I had not spoken to him in 8 years, after I left to go to school in Australia, and he moved back to Belgium (where he is from). By pure chance my friend (Michael) was able to find Katherine (my little sister) and she then sent me his contact information. It just so happened he now lives in London, which meant I was able to stay with him and catch up during my layover in London.

It was great to see Michael again and catch up, and I also got to meet his Fiancé, Florence. I had such a great time. We both agreed that it would not be another 8 years till we made contact again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home