Tuesday, February 02, 2010

THE MOVE...


I am sure many of you are thinking, “Wow, that move came out of nowhere!” And to be honest, on one hand it really did, but on the other, it didn’t. David and I had been feeling that a change was coming for our family for a while. Whenever, we would talk about our future, there was never a yep, will be here. It was almost like we were living month to month. But what we didn’t expect was what actually happened, David lost his job. The company that David had work for since we moved back to the states in 2007, closed its doors. Leaving us really on our knee’s asking the Lord for specific direction.

After many failed attempts at finding a job within the USA. David came to me and asked if he could extend his search to Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). And to be honest, this was a very hard thing for me to get my head around. I mean, we virtually just moved back. But after a lot of prayer, I told David I was ok with him extending our search. No later did he emailed his resume, we heard back from three security companies within PNG, all wanting to interview David. We were both shocked! As were our families. We really didn’t expect that to happen. Then, after lots and lots and lots of prayer we made the decision to take the plunge and begin the birthing process of this very unexpected chapter of our lives.
Two weeks after that, David was on a plane to PNG to interview for each of the positions and I stayed back with the boys, and began to pack. The next month was a blur. We sold everything, shipped what we couldn’t live without and on the 18th of May I packed up the boys and what we could fit in our suitcases and left Montrose. We had decided thatsince this was all happening really quickly, that the boys and I would go to Kansas City and spend some time with my family.

Faster than you could say PNG, David had a job, and began working a week after arriving in the country. He landed a job for a security company called G4S. A worldwide company based out of England that is now operating in PNG. He is there Client Relations Manager – Commercial/Diplomatic. David did come back to the states for a final goodbye to my parents before we all flew to PNG on June 12th, 2009.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home