Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Christmas in the Tropics

As I am sitting here I have to giggle, it would seem that I am the holiday queen. Again, I am sharing about another holiday, Christmas. The good new is, I love it and love sharing with all of you…I just had to chuckle.

Christmas was great! It actually snuck up on all of us. Once Tre was born, days just seemed to fly by. The next I knew it was December 25th, and I couldn’t believe it! I really hate to repeat myself, but again, Christmas was a whole new experience. It was the first Christmas that I wasn’t home and with my family, it was Tre’s first Christmas, our first Christmas as a family in PNG, and then there was no snow… it was the opposite, extremely HOT!!! Talk about everything being new! And this comes from someone who hates change, but I can honestly say, that in the midst of all this, it was absolutely wonderful.

This holiday, it was David’s family turn to shared there traditions. Such as decorating the house and Christmas tree, watching “Carols by Candlelight”, on Christmas Eve, going out for Christmas lunch and just spending time as a family. David’s younger sister Katherine came up from Brisbane for both New Years and Christmas, and as always it was good to see her. We even slipped in a pedicure, which for girls, is always fun. Tre took to the “present” thing well…being the newest addition to the Pidik family he was adorn with gifts galore. I must say, It was more fun to help Tre with his presents than receiving them. We loved it! The whole day was restful, and joyous. Even though I was thousands of miles away from the familiar, the best part was not only to spend it with David and Tre, but to focus on one thing, the birth of Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home