Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thanksgiving in Papua New Guinea



As we have mentioned in past entry’s this was a year for changes. Some were big, and others were a chance to experience things in a new way. That was the case for this past Thanksgiving. As American’s I think we forget which holidays are strictly American and those that aren’t, Thanksgiving is one of those holidays. However, I love thanksgiving! And it’s not just because it’s fun, or that we get to watch the parade on TV, football in the afternoon, and getting together with friends and family to eat, which is always highlight. I love the fact that a whole day is set aside to reflect on all that God has done, and what we are thankful for! I know that so many times throughout the year we forget to take the time.

All that being said, this thanksgiving was a new experience. Not just for me, but for everyone here. We decided to do a traditional thanksgiving dinner. Liz wanted me to so things just like I would if we were home. She had said, “I’ve always wanted to experience a real ‘Thanksgiving Dinner’” So, I obliged. We did the whole shebang…even my family’s famous green jell-o salad. It was a blast, we decorated the table and reflected on all that we were thankful for. It was also Tre’s first Thanksgiving, but he never made it to the table…he was wiped before it even began… oh well… there is always next year! Finally to wrap up our thanksgiving, it was the hottest thanksgiving ever, and after spending all day in the kitchen, both Liz and I were dripping with sweat, but the experience, food and fellowship was great! One I will always remember…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home